Grilled Pineapple Chicken
1 chicken breast
1 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/4 pound skinless, chicken breast, bone-in
- 4 pineapple rings
Place all ingredients except pineapple into a zip-lock style bag.
Refrigerate and marinate overnight.
Place marinated chicken on a barbecue grill or indoor grill and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until done.
Discard unused marinade.
During the last few minutes, place pineapple on grill top for 2 minutes each side to heat. Serve on top of each chicken breast.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 211
- Protein 26 g
- Carbohydrates 20 g
- Fat 3 g
- Cholesterol 67 mg
- Sodium 215 mg
- Potassium 376 mg
- Phosphorus 198 mg
- Calcium 21 mg
- Fiber 0.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, medium potassium
- Grilling is the preferred method of cooking. This recipe is not as tasty if chicken is baked in the oven.
- Cooking sherry and cooking wine are high in sodium. Do not substitute for the dry sherry in this recipe.
- This recipe may be included in a lower protein diet, but a smaller portion may be required. Check with your dietitian for assistance.