Quick Pan-Glazed Chicken
- CKD non-dialysis
1 chicken breast
2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chicken and sprinkle with pepper.
Sauté chicken for 5 minutes on each side, until brown.
Add balsamic vinegar and sauté for one minute – flipping chicken over to coat.
Add honey and basil. Stir and flip chicken to coat. Cook for one minute longer.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 190
- Protein 26 g
- Carbohydrates 10 g
- Fat 5 g
- Cholesterol 70 mg
- Sodium 64 mg
- Potassium 251 mg
- Phosphorus 194 mg
- Calcium 30 mg
- Fiber 0.3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Be creative and season chicken with herbs or low sodium seasoning blends of your own choice. Garlic and onion powder go well with the black pepper.
- If you are on a lower protein diet, decrease the portion to 1/2 chicken breast or substitute smaller boneless chicken thighs for the breast meat.