Slow Cooker Chicken with Carrots & Green Beans
1 chicken breast, 3/4 cup vegetables
- 1-1/2 cup frozen carrots, sliced
- 1-1/2 cup frozen Italian green beans
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning blend
- Combine carrots, green beans and onion. Place in a 4 or 6 quart slow cooker.
- Arrange chicken breasts on top of vegetables.
- Pour broth over chicken. Top with Worcestershire sauce and herb seasoning.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 3 hours or low heat for 6 hours.
- Serve chicken breast with 3/4 cup vegetables and 2 tablespoons broth.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 181
- Protein 27 g
- Carbohydrates 10 g
- Fat 3 g
- Cholesterol 70 mg
- Sodium 189 mg
- Potassium 431 mg
- Phosphorus 226 mg
- Calcium 55 mg
- Fiber 3.3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 vegetable, low potassium
- Look for reduced-sodium broth containing 500 milligrams sodium or less per 1 cup serving. Avoid low sodium broth that contains potassium chloride—it’s very high in potassium.
- If desired, make gravy with pan broth. In a small saucepan mix 1 tablespoon flour with small amount cold water to dissolve. Turn heat to medium high and stir in broth from slow cooker. Continue stirring 3 to 4 minutes until gravy thickens.