- CKD non-dialysis
1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15 ounces canned pineapple chunks
- 15 ounces canned sliced peaches
- 1-1/2 cup maraschino cherries
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 12 lettuce leaves
- Mix sour cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a bowl.
- Drain pineapple, peaches and cherries. Add fruit and marshmallows to sour cream mixture. Gently mix.
- Let chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- If desired, serve on a lettuce leaf.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 176
- Protein 1 g
- Carbohydrates 36 g
- Fat 4 g
- Cholesterol 7 mg
- Sodium 17 mg
- Potassium 132 mg
- Phosphorus 28 mg
- Calcium 32 mg
- Fiber 1.1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, low potassium
- 1 high calorie
- Nutrient analysis based on drained fruit canned in syrup.
- To lower carbohydrate count, patients with diabetes may substitute fruit packed in juice and use low calorie sweetener. (126 calories, 24 grams carbohydrate per serving)