Frost on the Pumpkin Pie
- CKD non-dialysis
16 (2 pies)
1/8 of one pie
- 2-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2/3 cup unsalted margarine
- 16 ounces Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Sour Cream Vanilla Frosting
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 8 ounces frozen nondairy dessert topping
Heat oven to 350º F. Set dessert topping out to thaw.
In small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon cloves and melted margarine; stir until blended. Reserve 4 tablespoons of crumbs for topping.
Press remaining crumbs over bottom and up sides of two 9-inch pie pans.
Bake at 350º F for 6 minutes. Cool.
In a large bowl, combine frosting, sour cream, pumpkin, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ginger and 1/4 teaspoon cloves. Pour filling into prepared crusts.
Spread dessert topping over filling; sprinkle reserved graham crackers crumbs over top.
Freeze to set up, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
Store remaining dessert in refrigerator.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 345
- Protein 2 g
- Carbohydrates 43 g
- Fat 18 g
- Cholesterol 5 mg
- Sodium 166 mg
- Potassium 21 mg
- Phosphorus 22 mg
- Calcium 28 mg
- Fiber 0.8 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 starch
- 1 nondairy
- 1 fat
- You can buy graham cracker crumbs or make your own by crushing 36 graham cracker squares.