Peach-Berry Beauty Dessert
- CKD non-dialysis
- 12 ounces frozen red raspberries
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened peach slices
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose white flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 cups soft white bread cubes
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons whipped topping (optional)
- Thaw raspberries and peaches, if frozen. Do not drain.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sugar, flour and ginger. Add berries, peaches, and their juices; toss to coat. Add 2 cups of the bread cubes; toss gently until combined. Transfer filling to an ungreased 2-quart square baking dish.
- To make topping place remaining bread cubes in a medium mixing bowl. Drizzle with melted butter; toss to coat. Sprinkle topping over fruit filling. Bake about 30 minutes or until fruit is tender and topping is golden.
- Serve warm with whipped topping.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 248
- Protein 4 g
- Carbohydrates 45 g
- Fat 7 g
- Cholesterol 15 mg
- Sodium 251 mg
- Potassium 190 mg
- Phosphorus 30 mg
- Calcium 0 mg
- Fiber 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 starch
- 1 medium-potassium fruit
- 1 fat
- Substitute 3 cups fresh raspberries and 2 cups freah peaches for frozen when in season.
- Seven slices of bread yields approximately 5 cups cubed.