Pineapple Rum Crème Cake
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 angel food cake, 10-inch diameter
- 16 ounces Cool Whip® frozen dessert topping
- 4-1/2 ounces rum
- 1-1/2 cups crushed pineapple in heavy syrup
- Thaw Cool Whip®. Slice cake into 3 even slices lengthwise and place bottom piece on a cake plate.
- Using a teaspoon, sprinkle 1/3 of rum over cake. Spread 1 cup Cool Whip over cake, followed by 3/4 cup pineapple and syrup.
- Top with middle cake slice and repeat step 2 above.
- Place third cake slice on top, repeat rum and spread remaining Cool Whip over cake to cover.
- Chill well before serving.
- Slice into 12 portions.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 245
- Protein 4 g
- Carbohydrates 42 g
- Fat 4 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 99 mg
- Potassium 142 mg
- Phosphorus 15 mg
- Calcium 3 mg
- Fiber 1.0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 high calorie
- 1 fruit
- 1 starch
- Refrigerate Cool Whip® to thaw before preparing recipe
- Include some heavy syrup with pineapple to moisten the cake.
- Due to high carbohydrate content, half portion is recommended if you have diabetes.