Red, White and Blue Pie
- CKD non-dialysis
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 1/2 cup low-sugar red raspberry preserves
- 3 cups Reddi-wip® Fat-free Dairy Whipped Topping
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust, 9" size
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- To make filling, beat cream cheese and preserves until smooth with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Fold whipped topping into cream cheese mixture.
- Spread filling evenly over the bottom of the graham cracker crust.
- Arrange blueberries around outer ring of pie. Layer raspberries around inner ring of pie.
- Chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Before serving finish decorating with a dollop of whipped topping in the center and a raspberry or strawberry on top.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 237
- Protein 4 g
- Carbohydrates 35 g
- Fat 9 g
- Cholesterol 19 mg
- Sodium 220 mg
- Potassium 162 mg
- Phosphorus 91 mg
- Calcium 75 mg
- Fiber 2.6 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 starch
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- 1 milk
People with diabetes can use sugar-free raspberry fruit spread to reduce the carbohydrate content of this recipe.
Portion leftover pie into single servings, wrap and freeze for a quick dessert later.
For variety make pie with different fresh fruits and preserves. Try strawberries, peaches, pineapple or mandarin oranges.