Strawberry Fields Forever
- CKD non-dialysis
- Wash strawberries with hulls (otherwise, water will seep into middle part causing strawberries to become soggy).
- Take off hulls with paring knife.
- Cut strawberries into halves.
- Place strawberries in a bowl and drizzle with vinegar, and sprinkle with Splenda®.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours, preferably over night.
- Just before serving grind pepper over strawberries.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 45
- Protein 1 g
- Carbohydrates 10 g
- Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 3 mg
- Potassium 185 mg
- Phosphorus 28 mg
- Calcium 21 mg
- Fiber 2.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Take strawberries out of refrigerator 10 minutes before serving to take away the chill.
- Can be served as a topping on angel food cake.
- If desired, use sugar or other tabletop sweeteners instead of Splenda®.