Strawberry Fluff Cake
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 angel food cake, prepared
- 1 small box sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 10 ounces sliced frozen strawberries (no sugar added)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip® frozen dessert topping
- Thaw strawberries and Cool Whip.
- Cut cake horizontally into thirds (two cuts).
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk gelatin mix with 1 cup boiling water. Stir-in strawberries.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours until gelatin mixture is partially congealed.
- Stir Cool Whip into gelatin mixture, and then spread mixture between the two layers of cake.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 196
- Protein 3 g
- Carbohydrates 37 g
- Fat 4 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 178 mg
- Potassium 115 mg
- Phosphorus 110 mg
- Calcium 44 mg
- Fiber 0.6 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1/2 fruit
- 1 non-dairy
- Purchase a baked angel food cake or make your own from a boxed mix or homemade recipe.
- Substitute 1 pint fresh, sliced strawberries instead of frozen if desired.
- Use dental floss to cut the angel food cake into layers. Anchor the floss into the top third of the cake and pull it through the cake on both sides to evenly cut the first layer, and then repeat with the second layer.