Creamy Fruit Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 medium apples
- 2 medium fresh pears
- 15 ounces canned peaches in light syrup
- 1-1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups green grapes
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 6 ounces Cool Whip® dessert topping
- 1/2 cup fresh berries
- Cut apples, pears and peaches into bite-size pieces. Cut strawberries into quarters.
- Place cut fruit in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream until smooth. Stir in Cool Whip® and mix well.
- Just before serving, pour cream cheese mixture over fruit and gently stir.
- Top with fresh berries and serve.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 130
- Protein 1 g
- Carbohydrates 20 g
- Fat 5 g
- Cholesterol 5 mg
- Sodium 44 mg
- Potassium 167 mg
- Phosphorus 29 mg
- Calcium 22 mg
- Fiber 2.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, medium potassium
- 1 fat
- Substitute with any low potassium fruits of your choice. Make it colorful! (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries or a mixture).
- This is my family’s favorite fruit salad recipe and a great potluck item. It’s best to eat it the same day because it can get watery overnight.
- Reduce ingredients in half to make a smaller amount.