Mixed Berry and Basil Fruit Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/4 cup Almond Breeze® almond and coconut milk blend
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- In a medium bowl combine almond milk, vinegar and sugar.
- Cut strawberries into quarters.
- Add berries to liquids and and toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to chill.
- When ready to serve chop the basil and stir into the salad.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 65
- Protein 1 g
- Carbohydrates 13 g
- Fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 10 mg
- Potassium 160 mg
- Phosphorus 25 mg
- Calcium 46 mg
- Fiber 2.4 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, medium potassium
- Try other berries in season.
- Use your favorite milk or cream substitute, preferably one without phosphate additives.
- Almond Breeze® almond coconut milk blend does not contain phosphate additives and is low in phosphorus and potassium compared to milk or cream. If you are limiting calcium due to high calcium levels choose another milk substitute as this product does contain calcium carbonate.