- CKD non-dialysis
- 2-1/2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 20 ounces canned crushed pineapple in unsweetened juice
- 1/4 cup dried, sweetened cranberries
- Shred cabbage and carrots and combine in a 2 quart bowl.
- Add crushed pineapple with juice and dried cranberries to bowl.
- Mix slaw ingredients together and chill in refrigerator at least 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 60
- Protein 1 g
- Carbohydrates 14 g
- Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 12 mg
- Potassium 153 mg
- Phosphorus 12 mg
- Calcium 13 mg
- Fiber 1.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, low potassium
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
- Shred cabbage into coleslaw size pieces using a food processor or chop with a sharp knife.
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cabbage is approximately 3/4 of a small head of cabbage.