Lemon Caper Sauce
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoon all-purpose white flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
Melt butter in the skillet over low heat. Add flour and stir to mix.
- Pour broth into flour mixture and continue stirring for 1 minute.
- Add wine, lemon juice, capers and pepper. Continue to stir and cook until sauce thickens, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 49
- Protein 0 g
- Carbohydrates 1 g
- Fat 4 g
- Cholesterol 11 mg
- Sodium 55 mg
- Potassium 28 mg
- Phosphorus 8 mg
- Calcium 3 mg
- Fiber 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Substitute finely ground black pepper for white pepper if desired.
- Serve sauce over fish, chicken, meat or cooked pasta or vegetable of choice.