Fast and Flavorful Grilled Salmon
- CKD non-dialysis
one 4-ounce fillet
- 24 ounces salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash herb seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 6 lemon slices
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Brush top and bottom of salmon fillets with olive oil and season with Mrs. Dash, pepper and minced rosemary.
- Place each piece of seasoned salmon on a piece of aluminum foil large enough to fold over and seal.
- Top each piece with 1 lemon slice and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of wine and 1/2 teaspoon of capers.
- Wrap up salmon tightly in the foil packets.
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
- Place the foil packets on the hot grill and cook for 10 minutes for a 1-inch think piece of salmon.
- Serve in the foil packets.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 224
- Protein 25 g
- Carbohydrates 2 g
- Fat 13 g
- Cholesterol 51 mg
- Sodium 96 mg
- Potassium 524 mg
- Phosphorus 302 mg
- Calcium 45 mg
- Fiber 0.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Purchase 6 salmon fillets, four ounces each.
- Capers are salty – use them sparingly.
- If your dietitian wants you to eat more protein – this recipe is ideal for you!
- You can easily adjust the portion of salmon to match your meal plan for a higher or lower protein diet.