French Dressing Baked Fish Fillets
- CKD non-dialysis
3 ounc cooked fillet
- 1 pound white fish fillets
- 1/2 cup prepared French salad dressing
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a shallow baking dish that’s been coated with no-stick cooking spray, arrange fish fillets.
- Season fish fillets with black pepper.
- Cover fillets thoroughly with French salad dressing.
- Top fillets with panko bread crumbs.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until they are golden and flake easily.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 248
- Protein 22 g
- Carbohydrates 13 g
- Fat 12 g
- Cholesterol 46 mg
- Sodium 353 mg
- Potassium 344 mg
- Phosphorus 253 mg
- Calcium 148 mg
- Fiber 0.7 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- White fish fillets include tilapia, perch, halibut, flounder and cod.
- Choose French salad dressing brand with the lowest sodium content.
- Plain bread crumbs can be substituted for panko if desired.
- If you are on a lower protein diet, adjust the portion size to match your meal plan or ask your dietitian for guidance.