Grilled Salmon with Herb Crust
- CKD non-dialysis
- 12 ounces skinless salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup oregano
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F or preheat grill.
- Using aluminum foil, create 1 cooking pocket for each fillet (if using frozen salmon, make sure it's fully thawed).
- Chop oregano, cilantro, green onions and garlic. Combine with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a food processor. Process to chop and mix.
- Coat the salmon fillets generously with herb mixture.
- Place each fillet in foil pocket and seal.
- Place foil pockets on a baking sheet or grill plate if cooking on a grill.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done, or grill for 6 to 8 minutes depending on thickness.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 212
- Protein 18 g
- Carbohydrates 1 g
- Fat 15 g
- Cholesterol 47 mg
- Sodium 186 mg
- Potassium 380 mg
- Phosphorus 213 mg
- Calcium 50 mg
- Fiber 1.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Use either fresh or frozen salmon. When using frozen salmon, make sure it is fully thawed before cooking.
- Salmon can be baked in the oven or cooked on the grill.
- Adjust portion size to meet your protein goals.