- CKD non-dialysis
- 12 ounce package rice sticks
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1 cup onion
- 1 spring onion
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cups firm tofu
- 1-1/2 cups shrimp
- 3 cups water
- 2 packs of palabok shrimp gravy mix
- 1/2 cup chicharon
- 5 boiled eggs
- 1 lemon
- Boil rice sticks until soft, set aside.
- Mince garlic and chop onions. Cut tofu into cubes.
- Boil and peel shrimp.
- In a wok, sauté garlic and onion with oil; add ground chicken, tofu and shrimp.
- Dissolve palabok mix in water and bring to a boil; stir until thick.
- Mix together rice sticks, meat and tofu mixture and palabok mix in a large bowl with 1/2-cup crushed chicharon (pork rind).
- Thinly slice eggs and lemons.
- To serve place palabok in serving dish and garnish with the egg and lemon slices on top
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 305
- Protein 17 g
- Carbohydrates 39 g
- Fat 9 g
- Cholesterol 135 mg
- Sodium 536 mg
- Potassium 243 mg
- Phosphorus 180 mg
- Calcium 80 mg
- Fiber 0.7 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Ingredient definitions:
- Rice sticks are noodles made from rice flour. Look for this product in an Asian market or substitute vermicelli.
- Palabok mix is a dried shrimp gravy mix. Limit the amount of palabok mix to reduce the sodium content.
- Chicharones are fried pork rinds.
- All of the above items are high in sodium. Look for the lowest sodium brands. Due to the high sodium content of this recipe, limit portion to 1 cup and limit sodium intake from foods at other meals.
- Use fewer eggs to reduce cholesterol and fat content.