Salmon Steaks with Herb Dressing
3-1/2 ounce salmon steak with 2-1/2 tablespoons dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill weed
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 2 lemons
- 1 medium onion
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds salmon steaks
- Cut one lemon into 6 wedges and set aside. Zest 1/2 teaspoon from peel of the other lemon. Juice lemon for 5 tablespoons. Slice onion and chop parsley and dill weed.
- For dressing, in a small mixing bowl combine mayonnaise or salad dressing, buttermilk, 2 tablespoons dill weed, chives, lemon zest, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Cover and chill at least one hour.
- In a 12" skillet combine 1-1/2 cups water, remaining 4 tablespoons lemon juice, onion, peppercorns, parsley, bay leaves, and salt. Bring to a boil; add salmon steaks. Cover; simmer 8 to 12 minutes (12 to 18 minutes for frozen) or until fish just flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve salmon steaks topped with dressing. Garnish with remaining dill weed and lemon wedges.