- CKD non-dialysis
4 pieces or 1 tortilla
- 5 ounces raw shrimp
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 flour tortillas, burrito size
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 teaspoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons shredded jalapeno cheddar cheese
- Shell and devein shrimp. Rinse and cut into bite-size pieces. Chop cilantro.
- Combine cilantro, lemon juice, cumin and cayenne pepper in a zip-lock bag to make marinade. Add shrimp pieces and set aside to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and add shrimp with marinade. Stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes until shrimp turns orange. Remove skillet from heat and spoon shrimp out, leaving marinade.
- Add sour cream to marinade in skillet and stir to mix.
- Heat tortillas in a large skillet or microwave. Spread 2 teaspoons salsa onto each tortilla. Top with 1/2 shrimp mixture and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon sour cream marinade mixture on top of shrimp. Fold tortilla in half, turn over in skillet to heat, then remove from pan. Repeat with second tortilla and remaining shrimp, cheese and marinade.
- Cut each tortilla into 4 pieces. Garnish with cilantro and lemon wedge when ready to serve.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 318
- Protein 20 g
- Carbohydrates 26 g
- Fat 15 g
- Cholesterol 118 mg
- Sodium 398 mg
- Potassium 276 mg
- Phosphorus 243 mg
- Calcium 139 mg
- Fiber 1.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1-1/2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 fat
- Make with crab meat or chicken instead of shrimp for variety.