Old Fashioned Salmon Soup
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 pound sockeye salmon, cooked
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups liquid nondairy creamer
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Melt margarine in medium-to-large saucepan on stove top set to medium-high heat.
- Chop carrot, celery and onion and add to saoucepan. Cook until tender.
- Add pre-cooked salmon chunks to pan.
- Stir in chicken broth, non-dairy creamer and pepper.
- Bring to a near-boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water. Slowly pour into broth mixture, stirring, until soup is thickened.
- Simmer for another five minutes.Serve warm and enjoy!