Low Potassium Style Stewed Potatoes
- CKD non-dialysis
1/2 cup potatoes with 3 tablespoons sauce
- 2 cups potatoes
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup liquid nondairy creamer
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose white flour
- Dice potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes and soak or double-boil to reduce potassium if you are on a low potassium diet. (See details in helpful hints).
- Place potatoes in a saucepan with 4 cups water and boil over medium heat for 15 minutes or until cooked.
- Drain potatoes, discard water and return to pan. Add 1/2 cup hot water, nondairy creamer, garlic or onion powder, pepper and margarine. Heat to a boil.
- Combine 2 teaspoons flour in a tablespoon of cold tap water. Stir into potatoes and continue stirring until liquid thickens.