Spaghetti Squash Parmigiano
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, approximately 5 pounds
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium shallot
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Pierce spaghetti squash with a fork. Microwave for 5 minutes to soften. Cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove seeds and membranes.
- Rub squash with olive oil. Place squash cut side down on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 50 minutes. Remove squash from oven and set aside to cool enough to be easily handled.
- Finely chop garlic and shallot. Finely grate Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and shallot; cook and stir until fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
- Use a large spoon to scoop the stringy pulp from the squash into a medium bowl. Mix with remaining olive oil, pepper and parmesan cheese. Serve warm.