Blackened Shrimp Pineapple Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
- 14 large shrimp, raw
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium blackening seasoning
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1-1/2 cups fresh pineapple, cut in chunks
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut in thin slices
- 2 cup romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Rub and coat shrimp with blackening seasoning. In a pan, heat butter over medium-high heat and sauté shrimp. Cook about 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp curls. Remove from heat and set on a paper towel-covered plate to cool.
- Cut pineapple into chunks. Thinly slice bell pepper and tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
- In a salad bowl, combine the pineapple, bell pepper, corn and lettuce. Sprinkle with olive oil, vinegar and black pepper and toss.
- Top with blackened shrimp and serve.