Grilled Chicken Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
1 chicken breast over 1-1/2 cups salad
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash® garlic herb seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups butterhead lettuce
- 1/2 small red onion
- 12 medium strawberries
- 8 plain breadsticks, 9-1/4” x 3/8” size
Make dressing by combining olive oil, vinegar, Mrs. Dash seasoning and salt.
Place chicken in a zip top bag and add 2 tablespoons of the dressing to coat chicken pieces.
Heat a grill to medium high heat.
Place chicken breasts on grill and cook 8 to 10 minutes until juices are clear and chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and rest 5 minutes.
Tear lettuce into peices. Cut onion into rings.
Arrange lettuce, onion rings and strawberries on a plate.
Slice each breast diagonally and place on lettuce bed.
Pour 1 tablespoon remaining dressing over each salad.
Serve each salad with 2 breadsticks.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 308
- Protein 29 g
- Carbohydrates 14 g
- Fat 15 g
- Cholesterol 70 mg
- Sodium 278 mg
- Potassium 534 mg
- Phosphorus 249 mg
- Calcium 55 mg
- Fiber 2.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- If using a thermometer, temperature should be at least 165º F.
- For a fancy presentation, leave lettuce leaves whole and serve sliced chicken breast on top.
- If you are on a lower protein diet decrease portion to 2 ounces cooked chicken per salad or ask your dietitian to recommend the best protion for your individual diet.