- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 medium jicama
- 1 large carrot
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1-1/4 cup seedless grapes
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lime juice
Peel jicama and carrot. Dice both into 1/4-inch pieces and place in a medium bowl.
Finely dice red onion and add to jicama and carrots.
Cut grapes in half and add to vegetables.
Tear basil leaves into small pieces and add to bowl.
Drizzle apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and lime juice over other ingredients.
Mix and serve chill before serving if desired.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 40
- Protein 1 g
- Carbohydrates 9 g
- Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 7 mg
- Potassium 152 mg
- Phosphorus 18 mg
- Calcium 14 mg
- Fiber 3.1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- For variety, you can substitute other low potassium fruits for the seedless grapes. Try apples, pineapple or strawberries.
- 1/2 of a medium-sized red onion is about 1/2 cup.
- 1 medium jicama yields 3 cups.
- 1 large carrot yields 1 cup diced.