Judy’s Favorite Raspberry Vinaigrette
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons raspberry preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Crush raspberries and chop tarragon.
- Whisk together first 7 ingredients.
- Slowly whisk in oil until well blended. Serve.
- Store remaining dressing in a tightly sealed jar and refrigerator until ready to serve. Keeps for up to one week.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 110
- Protein 0 g
- Carbohydrates 7 g
- Fat 9 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 83 mg
- Potassium 27 mg
- Phosphorus 4 mg
- Calcium 5 mg
- Fiber 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Two fresh limes yield approximately 1/4 cup lime juice.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons dressing over salad greens topped with fresh raspberries.
- Substitute low sugar preserves or fruit spread to reduce carbohydrate to 5 grams.
- Substitute 1/4 teaspoon dried terragon if fresh is unavailable.
- Grape seed oil is a great tasting substitute for canola oil.