- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/2 bunch fresh kale
- 2 tablespoons shallots
- 6 medium Brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup dried, sweetened cranberries
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® garlic & herb seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Remove kale from stalks and finely chop. Measure 3 cups for slaw. Chop shallots.
- Shred Brussels sprouts and measure 2 cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine kale, Brussels sprouts, cranberries and shallots.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, honey, Mrs. Dash seasoning blend, mustard and pepper. Pour over vegetables and mix.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 143
- Protein 2 g
- Carbohydrates 18 g
- Fat 7 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 29 mg
- Potassium 245 mg
- Phosphorus 38 mg
- Calcium 46 mg
- Fiber 2.0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1-1/2 fat
- 1/2 high calorie
- Kale slaw keeps in the refrigerator for 5 days.
- For a variation, heat the slaw and stir-fry for a hot dish.