- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 tablespoon onion
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cucumber
- 1 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 16-ounce box rotini pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning blend
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
Finely mince onion, shred carrots, cut broccoli florets into small pieces, dice cucumber and chop bell pepper.
Combine vinegar, oil, garlic powder, pepper, oregano, celery seed and onion to make dressing. Set aside.
Cook pasta al dente; do not overcook.
Drain and rinse pasta. Toss with enough dressing to coat.
Add parmesan cheese to pasta and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
Two hours before serving, add the remaining vegetables, Mrs. Dash® and paprika, and toss. Add more dressing if needed or desired.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 222
- Protein 6 g
- Carbohydrates 27 g
- Fat 10 g
- Cholesterol 2 mg
- Sodium 32 mg
- Potassium 175 mg
- Phosphorus 77 mg
- Calcium 29 mg
- Fiber 2.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- It's important to refrigerate the Pasta Salad for a minimum of 12 (but no more than 24) hours before serving to allow the seasonings time to infuse into the pasta.
- The amount of dressing and paprika used in this recipe is a matter of personal preference. Analysis includes all the dressing.