Beef Brisket Gravy
- CKD non-dialysis
- pan juices from cooked beef brisket
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose white flour
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Strain brisket pan juices and pour into a large measuring cup. Add water to make 2 cups broth.
- In a small dish, combine 1/2 cup pan juice broth and flour. Whisk until smooth. Add remaining broth, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
- In a medium saucepan, heat and stir broth over medium to medium-low heat until it thickens and comes to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat. Serve over cooked meat.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 25
- Protein 1 g
- Carbohydrates 3 g
- Fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 116 mg
- Potassium 42 mg
- Phosphorus 16 mg
- Calcium 2 mg
- Fiber 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices