- CKD non-dialysis
Stem and mince parsley. Grate carrot. Mince onion and bell pepper.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken broth.
- Whisk to mix well. Add broth a few tablespoons at a time to moisten sauce to the consistency of applesauce.
- Taste and add 1-2 tablespoons more vinegar if desired (sauce should be highly seasoned).
- Serve sauce with meat or poultry. Refrigerate leftover sauce for up to 3 days.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 58
- Protein 0 g
- Carbohydrates 2 g
- Fat 6 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 6 mg
- Potassium 62 mg
- Phosphorus 8 mg
- Calcium 11 mg
- Fiber 0.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
- For quick preparation method use a food processor: Process 1 small carrot, 1 small onion and 1/2 bell pepper to chopped consistency. Add stemmed parsley and process until vegetables are finely minced. Add olive oil, vinegar and spices and process until mixed thoroughly. Continue with steps 2 and 3 above.
- Serve sauce with Nicaraguan Beef Tenderloins.