- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 cups fresh cilantro
- 1 fresh green chili
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon whole cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Wash cilantro and green chili.
- Roughly chop onion, garlic, cilantro and chili.
- Grind in a blender along with salt, cumin and lemon juice.
- Serve with idli, on a veggie sandwich or with other snacks.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 4
- Protein 0 g
- Carbohydrates 1 g
- Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 37 mg
- Potassium 21 mg
- Phosphorus 4 mg
- Calcium 4 mg
- Fiber 0.1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Instead of 2 cups of cilantro, use 2/3 cup cilantro and 1/3 cup of mint for a sweet flavor.
- One bunch of cilantro is approximately 2 cups.
- Adjust chili for desired heat.
- Decrease serving size to a teaspoon if used with a snack or 1 tablespoon if used as a sandwich spread.