Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- CKD non-dialysis
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 red jalapeno chili peppers
- 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 14 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Peel garlic cloves and de-seed peppers.
- In the blender, purée together all the ingredients, except cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of the water.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Lower the heat to medium and simmer until the mixture thickens, and the garlic and pepper begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Combine the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water to make a slurry.
- Whisk in the cornstarch mixture and continue to simmer one more minute.
- Let cool completely before storing in a glass jar in the refrigerator.