Baked Fish a la Mushrooms
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 pound fresh cod fillets
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup white onion
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place fillets in a two-quart rectangular baking dish. (If using frozen fish instead of fresh, thaw first.)
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Chop onion.
- Melt margarine in a small sauce pan. Add mushrooms and onion and cook over medium heat until tender.
- Spoon mushroom mixture over fish.
- Crush the dried thyme and sprinkle over fish.
- Bake uncovered in oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 155
- Protein 21 g
- Carbohydrates 2 g
- Fat 7 g
- Cholesterol 49 mg
- Sodium 110 mg
- Potassium 561 mg
- Phosphorus 225 mg
- Calcium 30 mg
- Fiber 0.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
- Try tilapia or other white fish for variety.
- Thaw frozen fish in the refrigerator or under cold running water until fish is pliable.
- One tablespoon fresh thyme is equivalent to one teaspoon dried thyme.