Baked or Grilled Trout
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 pounds rainbow trout fillets
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Wash and dry fillets. Rub lightly with oil.
- In a large baking dish, place the fillets skin down.
- Combine seasonings in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over fillets.
- Bake uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes or until the trout fillets flake easily with a fork.
- Preheat grill on high heat.
- Spray or brush fillet side of the trout fillets lightly with oil. Combine seasonings in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over fillets.
- Place directly on the grill, fillet side down. Cook for 4 minutes. Spray or brush skin lightly with oil. Turn fillets over and cook until fish flakes easily with fork, about 3 to 5 minutes.