Foil Baked Pimento Cod Fillets
- CKD non-dialysis
- 12 ounces cod fillets
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounce jar diced pimento peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place 2 large sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil on preparation surface.
- Thinly slice lemon. Spread lemon slices, half on each piece of foil.
- Set cod fillets on top of lemon slices, 2 fillets or about 6 ounces per foil.
- Lightly sprinkle each fillet with measured salt and pepper.
- Spoon diced pimentos over each fillet, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Fold foil edges together to seal fish inside. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Remove fillets from foil to serve.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 112
- Protein 16 g
- Carbohydrates 5 g
- Fat 4 g
- Cholesterol 37 mg
- Sodium 184 mg
- Potassium 438 mg
- Phosphorus 182 mg
- Calcium 33 mg
- Fiber 1.8 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- Use fresh or frozen cod. If frozen, thaw before preparing recipe.
- Use Dromdary® brand diced pimento peppers because this brand does not contain added salt. If unavailable, substitute pimentos or roasted red peppers with lowest sodium content and omit salt from recipe. Fresh roasted red peppers may also be substituted.
- When adding very small amounts of salt, try combining with pepper or other ground spices. Use a refillable shaker to distribute evenly over food.