Halibut with Lemon Caper Sauce Lower Protein
- CKD non-dialysis
2 ounces fish, 1/4 cup sauce, 1 cup rice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces halibut steaks
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 teaspoons all-purpose white flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1-1/2 teaspoons capers
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Combine 1 tablespoon lemon juice and olive oil in a large zip-lock bag. Add halibut and marinate 5 minutes.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium. Place halibut in skillet and cook 3 minutes. Turn and cook 2 minutes longer, then remove fish from skillet.
- To make the sauce, melt butter in the skillet over low heat, add flour and stir. Pour chicken broth into flour mixture and continue stirring for 1 minute. Add wine, remaining lemon juice, capers and pepper. Continue to stir and cook until sauce thickens, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place halibut in skillet with sauce to reheat. Divide fish into four portions and serve over 1 cup cooked rice with 1/4-cup sauce spooned over fish.