Korean-style Fried White Fish (Saeng-seon-Jeon)
- CKD non-dialysis
1/4 recipe, approximately 4 ounces
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 pound white fish fillets
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- Combine vinegar with soy sauce in a small bowl. Set aside until ready to serve fish.
- Rinse fish and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut each fish fillet into 1-1/2" pieces.
- Place flour and pepper in a zip-top bag. Add fish, seal and shake to coat.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs lightly.
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet.
- Dip each piece of flour-coated fish into beaten eggs to coat. Place in hot oil and fry until golden brown, turning once.
- Divide into 4 portions and serve hot. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon vinegar-soy sauce mixture on each portion.