Chili Con Carne
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 16 ounces low-sodium stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 cup water
- Chop onion, celery and bell pepper.
- Heat large skillet on medium heat. Add oil, onion, celery and bell pepper until tender, but not brown.
- Add ground beef, breaking into small pieces and cook until brown.
- Blenderize tomatoes and add to beef. Add chili powder and water. Mix thoroughly; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for several hours.