- CKD non-dialysis
- 1-1/4 cups onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1-1/2 cups hominy
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet® browning and seasoning sauce
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef stock
- 14-ounces low-sodium canned tomatoes
Chop onion and garlic. Drain and rinse hominy.
Brown beef in a Dutch oven.
Add to beef and sauté until onion is transparent.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes.
Serve with warm bread or crackers.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 274
- Protein 26 g
- Carbohydrates 11 g
- Fat 14 g
- Cholesterol 77 mg
- Sodium 202 mg
- Potassium 549 mg
- Phosphorus 250 mg
- Calcium 56 mg
- Fiber 2.3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 2 vegetables, low and high potassium
- 1 fat