Crispy Eggplant French Fries
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1 cup liquid nondairy creamer
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose white flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons dry Hidden Valley Original Ranch® Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup canola oil
Peel and slice eggplant into 3/4” sticks, 4” long. Rinse eggplant and pat dry.
In a medium bowl, mix non-dairy creamer and eggs until well blended.
In a wide, shallow bowl, combine flour, cornmeal and dry Ranch salad dressing mix.
Heat oil in frying pan on high heat.
Dip eggplant sticks into egg mixture and then roll each piece in flour-cornmeal mix.
Place in oil, flipping regularly and fry 3 minutes or until golden brown.
Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 242
- Protein 5 g
- Carbohydrates 24 g
- Fat 14 g
- Cholesterol 52 mg
- Sodium 184 mg
- Potassium 248 mg
- Phosphorus 79 mg
- Calcium 19 mg
- Fiber 3.9 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 starch
- 3 fat
- Substitute 1/2-cup low-cholesterol egg product to lower fat and cholesterol content.