Crunchy Tofu Stir Fry
- CKD non-dialysis
1 cup tofu and vegetables + 1/2 cup rice
- Cut tofu into cubes. Cut bell pepper into strips and chop garlic clove.
- Mix reduced-sodium soy sauce, lime juice and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In three separate bowls, put cornstarch, egg whites and bread crumbs. Dip tofu cubes first in cornstarch, then egg whites and coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat canola oil in a skillet or wok and stir fry coated tofu until golden brown and crunchy. Remove tofu from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add sesame oil. and heat. Stir fry broccoli and red bell pepper strips until crisp tender. Add chopped garlic, Mrs. Dash seasoning blend, black pepper and cayenne pepper and cook one minute.
- Add tofu back to pan and toss with vegetables. Pour soy-lime juice mixture over top, sprinkle with sesame seeds and stir. Remove from heat and divide into 4 portions.Serve with 1/2 cup rice.