Spicy Green Bean Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
- Remove tips from green beans and cut into pieces. Finely chop onion. Seed and slice chile and chop cilantro.
- Steam the green beans to desired doneness (5 to 10 minutes). Rinse with water to cool.
- Toss green beans with all remaining ingredients except egg whites.
- Sprinkle egg whites on top shortly before serving. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 85
- Protein 3 g
- Carbohydrates 7 g
- Fat 5 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 112 mg
- Potassium 223 mg
- Phosphorus 37 mg
- Calcium 36 mg
- Fiber 2.9 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 fat
- Substitute frozen green beans when fresh beans are out of season.
- Use fresh-squeezed lime juice.