Vegetable Casserole Delite
- CKD non-dialysis
Microwave oven preparation:
- Grease the bottom of a microwave dish with olive oil.
- Arrange thin slices of squash and green beans around edge of dish.
- Pour in egg substitute.
- Sprinkle with pepper and paprika.
- Cook covered on high for 4 to 4-1/2 minutes, turning at least once.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan.
- Lightly sauté squash.
- Add green beans to pan.
- Add egg substitute and sprinkle with pepper and paprika.
- Cover with a lid and cook on medium heat until center is firm.
- Divide in half and serve hot.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 76
- Protein 14 g
- Carbohydrates 5 g
- Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 207 mg
- Potassium 344 mg
- Phosphorus 42 mg
- Calcium 29 mg
- Fiber 1.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
- Substitute squash and green beans with 1/2 cup asparagus, peas, corn, green or red peppers or onions. Turmeric may also be used in place of paprika.
- Season with hot sauce if desired.