Veggie and White Casserole
- Grease bottom of fry pan. Lightly sauté thin slices of squash.
- Add green beans to the pan.
- Add pasteurized liquid egg whites, and pepper. Top with paprika.
- Cover with lid and cook on medium heat until center is firm.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 156
- Protein 30 g
- Carbohydrates 9 g
- Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 439 mg
- Potassium 722 mg
- Phosphorus 88 mg
- Calcium 61 mg
- Fiber 3.0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 4 meat
- 2 vegetables, medium potassium
- Variations: 1/2 cup cut asparagus, peas, corn, green or red pepper may be substituted for squash or green beans. Turmeric may be used instead of paprika.
- This is a higher potassium recipe. If you are on a low potassium diet be sure to count as 2 vegetable servings. You may need to reduce fruit or vegetable intake at another meal to stay within your daily potassium goal.