- CKD non-dialysis
1/2 cup per serving
- Cut zucchini into chunks. Thinly slice onion.
- Place zucchini and onion in 10” x 6” x 2” dish. Cover with plastic wrap, turning one edge back slightly to vent. Microwave on high for 7 minutes. Drain liquid.
- In large bowl, mix together beaten eggs, cheese, drained pimento, salt and pepper. Add zucchini and onions, stirring well.
- Grease dish in which vegetables were microwaved.
- Pour mixture into dish and cover with paper towel. Microwave on medium-high for 4 minutes. Remove paper towel and stir.
- Continue to microwave uncovered for 4 to 6 minutes until center is set.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 80
- Protein 6 g
- Carbohydrates 4 g
- Fat 5 g
- Cholesterol 90 mg
- Sodium 141 mg
- Potassium 222 mg
- Phosphorus 106 mg
- Calcium 75 mg
- Fiber 1.0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 meat
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- Prepare this dish in the oven instead of microwave if desired. Bake at 350º F for 30 minutes or until set.
- The amount of cheese per portion is 1 tablespoon.