Patient care at DaVita begins with consistent and positive clinical outcomes.
In coordination with our physician partners, we have improved clinical outcomes each year since 2000. DaVita’s Patient-Focused Quality Pyramid stands as a strategic framework for the continued delivery of outstanding clinical outcomes that help improve patients’ quality of life. Take a look at our clinical outcomes in the U.S. to date.
- In 2013, DaVita reached a gross mortality rate of 13.7 percent, the lowest rate ever.1
- The national Q1 2012 average for fistulas in use is 60.4 percent. During the same time period, DaVita achieved a fistula rate of 63.9 percent. Our 2013 fistula rate is 65.3 percent.2
- DaVita’s Medicare ESRD Quality Incentive Program results are considered to be the best or among the best in every category. 3
- DaVita received the Renal Physicians Association’s 2013 Patient Safety Improvement Award award for exceptional success in reducing fistula and graft thrombosis, the leading cause of reversion to infection-prone catheters.
- DaVita Rx patients have a 21 percent lower risk of death and spend 14 percent fewer days in the hospital when compared to kidney care patients using other pharmacies.4
- Patients with advanced CKD who are in a VillageHealth® integrated care management program generally experience slower progression to dialysis, more outpatient than inpatient dialysis starts and a higher likelihood of having a fistula in place on the first day of dialysis.5
1. [DaVita internal clinical data, 2000-2013. Patient satisfaction: 2014 ICH-CAHPS Survey; ~57,000 DaVita patient responses.] 2. [DaVita internal clinical data, 2012-2013. Fistula First Prevalent AVF Use Rate by Network, April 2012 (most recent national data).]
3. [2013 QIP Performance Score Report. Results dependent on 2011 performance.]
4. [Am J Kidney Dis. 2013 Sep; 62(3):557-67. doi: 10.1053/j.ajkd.2013.02.360. Epub 2013 Apr 16.]
5. [VillageHealth internal data.]