Are You Kidding Me Artichoke Dip
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 cup frozen artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Place artichoke hearts in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 6 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool.
- Chop artichoke hearts.
- In a medium bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cream cheese, hot sauce and crushed garlic clove. Add artichoke hearts and stir to combine. Transfer mixture to a baking dish.
- Top with Parmesan cheese. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly on top.
- If canned or jarred artichokes in water are used instead of frozen, look for the lowest sodium brand. Rinse well to help reduce sodium.
- Try this dip on toasted slices of baguette, crisp celery or with your favorite low-sodium crackers. Choose rice crackers or other gluten-free crackers if you are on a gluten-free diet.
- Tabasco© sauce is one of the lowest sodium hot pepper sauces.
Submitted by: Recipe provided by DaVita patient, Gretchen, and submitted by DaVita dietitian Arlene from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 2 g
Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 9 mg
Sodium 108 mg
Potassium 58 mg
Phosphorus 22 mg
Calcium 16 mg
Fiber 0.8 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
- 2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register