- CKD non-dialysis
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup Tabasco® hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning blend
- 24 chicken wing drummettes
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the hot sauce, red pepper sauce, tomato sauce, olive oil, garlic powder and Italian seasonings and stir to combine. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Place the chicken wings in a baking dish.
- Pour the sauce over the wings and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Check for doneness.
- Serve the wings hot or place in a covered warming dish or crock pot, until ready to serve.
- Buy fresh wing drummettes. A 1-1/4 pound package contains 12 drummettes. If unavailable, ask your butcher to cut whole chicken wings into drummette size.
- Boneless chicken pieces may be used in this recipe. Check for doneness after 20 minutes.
- Hot sauce brands vary greatly in sodium. Choose a brand with less than 140 mg sodium per teaspoon.
- Make the Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce (under Sauces & Seasonings in the DaVita.com recipe collection) and use 1/2 cup plus the Tabasco sauce if desired.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Kathy from Pennsylvania.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 8 g
Carbohydrates 0 g
Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 63 mg
Sodium 64 mg
Potassium 105 mg
Phosphorus 61 mg
Calcium 8 mg
Fiber 0 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register