3 nuggets, plus 1 tablespoon sauce
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 3 cups cornflakes
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast
- Stir mustard, mayonnaise, honey and Worcestershire sauce together in a small bowl. Refrigerate sauce to chill until nuggets are cooked, then serve as a dipping sauce.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Cut chicken breast into 36 bite-sized pieces.
- Crush cornflakes and pour crumbs into a large zip-lock bag.
- Combine beaten egg and milk in a small bowl. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture then shake in zip-lock bag to coat with cornflake crumbs.
- Bake nuggets on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray for 15 minutes or until done.
- Serve nuggets on a tray with decorated toothpicks for a festive look.
- Try a variety of dipping sauces, such as: barbeque sauce, curry sauce, fruit spreads or low-sodium salad dressing.
- Three pieces is an appetizer portion. For a meal, increase portion to 6 to 9 nuggets.
- Use low-sodium cornflakes if available to reduce sodium to 116 mg for 3 pieces.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 9 g
Carbohydrates 14 g
Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 25 mg
Sodium 157 mg
Potassium 99 mg
Phosphorus 70 mg
Calcium 11 mg
Fiber 0.3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 1/2 starch
- 1/2 high calorie
- 1 fat
Submitted by: the DaVita dietitian team.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register